Best gluten-free cookbooks
Having a gluten-free diet is sometimes necessary. If you have a sensitive stomach or celiac disease, then you need to cut out gluten out of your diet so that you can feel better. While some people choose a gluten-free diet for mild discomforts, others are not allowed to consume it at all. That is why you need to always be careful with the food you are buying. However, you must also pay attention to what you cook. Gluten is present in many foods, which is why you need to stay away from them. And how could you do that without a gluten-free cookbook?
What is gluten and why should you stay away from it?
To understand why you must keep gluten at bay, you need to understand what it is and what it can lead to. So, gluten is a type of protein that is generally found in grains like wheat, rye, and barley. It is the substance that allows food to be elastic and have that chewy texture. Sometimes, gluten is added to some types of foods to change the structure and stability. A good example is the salad dressing, but gluten is also found in deli meats and condiments.
For people with gluten intolerance or even mild sensitivity, gluten can cause some adverse effects. The effects can be of physical nature such as digestive discomfort or of mental nature like mood changes. However, the most affected category of people is the one that suffers from celiac disease. Celiac disease is an autoimmune condition that triggers an immune response every time you consume gluten. It damages the lining of the small intestine, and that in itself causes a malabsorption deficiency. That means nutrients will not be adequately absorbed. As a result, you can suffer from fatigue, skin rashes, diarrhea, malnutrition, and so on.
Until a few years ago, gluten sensitivities did not receive the attention it deserves. However, according to statistics, about 10% of Americans have a gluten sensitivity of some sort. That lead to research on the matter, which is why solutions keep arising.
If you want to cut gluten out of your diet, you are not going to have an easy time. Gluten is more widespread than you would think. For example, in nature, oats do not have gluten, but manufacturers add it for more elasticity. The point is that as long as you buy your food from the store, chances are that it is contaminated with gluten, which can be a serious issue for people with gluten sensitivity. That is why you should learn how to cook using a gluten-free cookbook.
Hopefully, this is enough information to make you rethink your diet. We all know how tempting it is to buy all the food you eat, and how convenient, but when you have gluten sensitivity, you need to make an effort and cook as much of your food as you can. Changing your diet is never easy, and it takes some time to get used to, but once you do, you will feel better, which is the ultimate goal. A gluten-free cookbook will help you with that.
What are the benefits of using a gluten-free cookbook?
The obvious advantage is that you will not suffer from digestive issues anymore. Cutting out gluten from your diet will ease your condition, and you can live a normal life with it. However, there are more benefits than you think. Take a look at just a few of them.
- You will have more energy – since gluten can cause malabsorption, your small intestine will not be able to do its job, which is absorbing all the nutrients from the food you consume. As a result, your body will not receive the energy it needs to function properly. You will feel fatigued and sluggish. That can be a serious problem that can affect your lifestyle. However, if you cut out gluten from your diet, you will give your small intestine the opportunity to meet its purpose and absorb everything that you provide for your body. You will have more energy, both mental and physical.
- It decreases inflammation – this is applicable to people who suffer from celiac disease. It is no joke, and some people tend to compare it to mild lactose intolerance. However, that is not the case, and not following a gluten-free diet when you suffer from celiac disease can lead to chronic inflammation. It is all downhill from there because one of the effects of chronic inflammation is heart disease. Some even say that it can cause cancer. However, studies on mice showed that once you cut out gluten from your diet, inflammation no longer occurs.
- It can lead to fat loss – while this is unexplored territory for humans, studies show that mice who were fed a gluten-free diet suffered a reduction in body fat. Plus, researchers found that there was an increase in enzymes that help break down This is yet to be tested on humans, but the way I see it, you have nothing to lose. The food intake can remain the same, but you may lose a few.
- It reduces Irritable Bowel Syndrome symptoms – IBS is a condition that causes bloating, constipation, diarrhea, and gas. It is not comfortable. But a gluten-free diet can help with that. There is no medicinal treatment for this disease. Only medication to treat the symptoms. However, it all starts with your diet. If you make alterations such as cutting out gluten from your diet, you will see improvement pretty fast.
So why a gluten-free cookbook?
As you can see for yourself, the benefits of following a gluten-free diet are not just a few. You can improve your quality of life. However, cooking without using gluten is one of the steps you need to undertake. Just because you have a disorder or a sensitivity, it does not mean you should not enjoy food like everybody else.
A gluten-free cookbook will teach you how to cook delicious food without using the one ingredient that bothers you. After all, gluten is not the only secret to tasty foods, and gluten-free cookbooks authors know that. They want to share that with you, which is why you will find plenty of books.
At the same time, getting yourself a gluten-free cookbook means that you can diversify your menu. You do not have to cook the same meal over and over again just because you know that is what works for you. If you decide to buy a gluten-free cookbook, you will find that you can eat pretty much the same tasty meals as everyone else. You just need to make an effort.
My advice is to embrace your sensitivity and act accordingly. That is you, and you cannot help it. Your only healthy option is to adapt. One of the things you can do is learn to cook gluten-free food, and a gluten-free cookbook can help you with that.
What are the best gluten-free cookbooks?
The good news is that you have multiple choices on the internet. As I mentioned earlier, gluten has been taken seriously in the past few years, the solutions have started to come up pretty fast. My advice is that you look carefully for books that have been used by many people so that you do not end up buying something that will make you regret changing your diet.
At the same time, you need a gluten-free cookbook that will diversify your diet so that you do not end up hating food in general. The best course of action is to read some gluten-free cookbooks reviews online. You are not alone, and thousands of people are going through what you are right now. If you want, you can choose one of the excellent options below.
The How Can It Be Gluten-Free Cookbook by America’s Test Kitchen
Browsing online though the best gluten-free cookbooks, I came across this one. It has been bought by thousands of people, and the reviews are excellent. It has improved the culinary life of so many people with gluten sensitivity, and I think it can improve yours as well.
According to the editor, this cookbook has been created on the back of hundreds of older recipes. However, the recipes have been changed and made in such a way so that you can actually enjoy the food. After all, it is pretty challenging to cook a delicious bread without one of its natural ingredients, right? The point is that the food that you will learn how to make using this gluten-free cookbook will be so tasty that you will not believe it is gluten-free. Hence the title of the book.
The recipes you will find inside differ as difficulty and time for preparing. After all, not all of you are skilled in the kitchen. There are recipes for every taste and every diet. It is impossible not to find something that you will love. You can even cook for your entire family because the difference will be insignificant. I am sure that you are going to like this book just as much as the other thousands of buyers.
Danielle Walker’s Against All Grain: Meals Made Simple by Danielle Walker
Unlike the previous book, this gluten-free cookbook expands the horizons, so to speak. Not only that you will find gluten-free recipes inside, but you will also learn to cook delicious food without dairy. Paleo recipes are also available. That is if you want to take the whole diet change even further.
Danielle Walker has been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease, which drove her to create a very popular blog called Against All Grain. She learned how to take control over her health by controlling what she eats. Her strategy has proved to be incredibly successful, which is why her decision to share her methods is so popular and well-appreciated.
The recipes you will find inside are easy to follow, and the ingredients are easy to find. You have a vast variety of meals so that you do not get bored and cook a delicious meal every single time. Plus, as a bonus, every recipe includes nutritional facts so that you learn something at the same time.
The Gluten-Free Cookbook for Families by Pamela Ellgen
Last but not least, if you have a busy lifestyle and you do not have time to stay in the kitchen for too long, this book is all you need. It contains numerous recipes that will take only 30 minutes or less to prepare. Our lives get busier and busier, especially if you have a family, which is why such a book is manna from heaven.
Pamela Ellgen wrote this cookbook because one of her two sons cannot consume gluten, and when you have a family, you cannot really afford to cook different diets for everyone. That is why she learned to cook delicious gluten-free food for everybody so that nobody can make the difference. The results are in this fabulous cookbook that I am sure you are going to love.
The recipes are easy as difficulty, and you should not spend more than half an hour preparing a meal. I am sure that it will come in handy in your hectic schedule.
I am sure that any of the books you choose, you will enjoy your new diet. However, if I were to pick one of the three options, I would go with Danielle Walker’s Against All Grain: Meals Made Simple by Danielle Walker. Nothing teaches you to cook better than actual need. As a person with her own condition, I am pretty sure she knows first-hand how to fight against dull gluten-free food. In my opinion, hers is one of the best gluten-free cookbooks on the market.
Cooking without gluten may seem like a challenge at first. Change is never easy. However, it all starts with a good cookbook and fantastic recipes. One of the books above will provide precisely what you need to change your diet but not disappoint your taste buds. Click here to buy on Amazon
- What Everybody Is Saying About Gluten Free Bread Flour Is Wrong and Why
- The Most Disregarded Fact Regarding Gluten Free Snacks for Kids Exposed
- What Does Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Mean?
- Get the Scoop on Gluten Free Dessert Recipes Before You’re Too Late
- The Ultimate Gluten Free Appetizers Trick
- Why Nobody Is Discussing Gluten Free Bread Brands
- The Advantages of Gluten Free Baking
- The Downside Risk of Gluten Free Cake Recipe That No One Is Talking About
- Understanding Gluten Free Stuffing
- The Meaning of Gluten Free Crackers
- Here’s What I Know About Gluten Free Pizza Crust
- The Appeal of Gluten Free Oatmeal
- Kids, Work and Gluten Free Soup
- Where to Find Gluten Free Recipe Book
- What You Need to Know About Gluten Free Flour Mix
- Gluten Free Cupcakes Secrets That No One Else Knows About
- Confidential Info About Gluten Free Donuts That Only the Experts Know About
- The Fundamentals of Best Gluten Free Bread Revealed
- Gluten Free Birthday Cake Tips
- The Secret of Gluten Free Granola That No One Is Talking About
- The Debate Over Gluten Free Biscuits
- The Gluten Free Meals Game
- What the In-Crowd Won’t Tell You About Gluten Free Bread Recipe
- What You Do Not Know About Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- The Importance of Gluten Free Chocolate
- The Unexpected Truth About Gluten Free Cookbook
- Wheat Free Bread at a Glance
- A Review of Gluten Free Cake
- Gluten Free Snacks Options
- New Ideas Into Gluten Free Cookies Never Before Revealed
- Unusual Facts About Gluten Free Desserts Revealed by an Old Pro
- Notes on Gluten Free Pasta in Simple Step by Step Order
- Gluten Free Flour Features
- Startling Info Regarding Gluten Free Bread Uncovered
- Gluten Free Recipes for Dummies